What is Breathwork?
Breathwork is an active breathing meditation that uses your breath for your own wellness and well-being.
When you breathe deep into your belly where your emotions are you have a better connection with your body. It gives you a better connection to Mother Earth and to the wider community. When you breathe up into your heart, you clear out anything that weighs heavily from years of trauma or pain. The payoff is you enter into a state of high frequency where you are in touch with a vibration and energy universal to all beings.
When you are able to disconnect from the mind, it is easier to enter a different state of consciousness that brings you to a deeper state of connection.
It’s with our own breath where we release stuck and unwanted energy and emotions that connects you to your own deep inner wisdom for healing.
What to expect during Breathwork
A Breathwork session offers you support. Many come with a particular intention or an area of focus. Often the session has a theme.
Lying down comfortably, music is played to be supportive while you actively engage with a three-part breath pattern. This pattern is taught and reviewed in each session. As your guide throughout the active breathing portion of the session, I ask you to stay with the breath and to find your own rhythm.
Toward the end of the session, the active breath is released, and is followed by a period of deep relaxation and integration.
Each Breathwork session is unique and experiences can be different for each individual or from one Breathwork session to the next.
What are the benefits of breathwork?
Everyone’s experience will be different; this is what I have found to be true for me and what my clients have reported as true for them.
When you engage with the practice, the active meditation can allow you to:
- Move and release stuck energy
- Reduce stress, tension or constriction
- Find feelings of openness, love, peace, and gratitude, clarity, connection
- For me personally, I found relief from the effects of PTSD, trauma or mental, physical and emotional blocks
- Release anxiety, depression, fear, grief and/or anger
- Access unconscious memories relevant to your healing
- Connect to deeper states of consciousness and inspiration
- Deepen intuitive understanding about your life including work, finances, relationships, health conditions